Did you know today is International Women’s Day? Well now you do!
What is it, you may be asking? Well, the aim of the day is to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women. It is also a day to remember the struggles women face and honour the accomplishments they have made.
While women all over the world continue to contribute to social, economic, cultural and political achievement and there is plenty to celebrate today, it must be pointed out that progress towards gender parity has slowed in many places.
Read the rest of the article here on Grapevine Live.
If you want some film inspiration, here are few of my favourite female-power films:
- Suffragette – A film that reminds us of a past of the British Suffragette movement
- Mamma Mia! – A fun musical film about love and family that everyone should see and adore!
- Mary Poppins – The nanny we all wish we had!
- Made in Dagenham – A film about the women of Ford in Dagenham who fought for equal pay
- Hairspray – A musical film about equality in many areas, with a lovable leading lady!
- Bridget Jones’ Diary – The ultimate relatable chick-flick, right?
- The Heat – Two potty mouthed girls kicking ass, what’s not to love?!
- Eat Pray Love – If you’re into travel, inner-peace and independence this is a must-see, and I think it’s deeply underrated!
- Mulan – Just an average awkward girl, that only goes on to save her Country!
- St Trinians – The rebel children, that always get their way!
More music minded? Never fear, there’s a Female Power playlist here!
*Apologies this is so late in the day and slightly rushed, I completely forgot, then by the time I had been home from work and got home it was pretty late! Always relevant though!