This is going to be a dip into the more fun and personal side of my blogs, as the lovely Jade has nominated me to take part in my first “award” tag with The Liebster Award. (Thanks Jade!)
I don’t really get what these awards are about (though this page is useful in learning more), but I like the idea of getting to know other bloggers better and helping build up our blogging community! Therefore, I was happy to play along with the tag and accept the lovely nomination…
As far as i’m aware, these are the rules:
- Thank your nominator on your blog and link back to his/her blog
- List these rules in your post
- Copy and paste the award to your blog
- Write five (5) facts about you
- Answer the 11 questions asked by your nominator, and mine were:
- If you could only ever buy one beauty product ever again, what would it be and why?
- Mandatory, why did you start you blog?
- Your favourite blogger? Small time or big time, either, or both!
- Which disney princess do you think you’re most like, or can relate to most and why?
- What is your favourite flavour ice cream, and what do you think this says about you as a person?
- What’s your go to outfit for a casual day?
- What’s your zodiac sign, and do you think this relates to you? (I am a typical cancer, all over!)
- What do you do to make yourself feel good?
- What is your greatest ambition in life?
- What is the biggest thing you have achieved to date?
- Nominate between 5-15 bloggers for the award
- Inform your nominees about the award by leaving a comment on their blog
So without any more hesitation, let’s get cracking…
5 Facts About Me:
- I’m a vegetarian, and I have been all my life. (And I love it!)
- I don’t wear make-up, I find it annoying, too much effort and I just end up wiping it off after an hour or less. (Well, I might go for it if it’s a really fancy occasion, I’m in dire need of some under-eye care or it’s something simple like some vaseline. But on the general, I don’t.)
- Despite my constant urge and aspiration to travel, I’ve only ever been abroad to France (but lots of times!) – everywhere else I’ve visited has been the UK or Channel Islands (which technically classes as the UK).
- It may seem like I’ve been obsessed with theatre/film/etc forever, but actually my love and open-mindedness only really developed within the last few years. Though I loved the media industry and celebrities long before then. (Though now, as you can see, it’s taken over my life!)
- This is so odd, but I have a weird thing for wanting to buy new duvets. I just love getting new duvets, they are so pretty!
- If you could only ever buy one beauty product ever again, what would it be and why? – As I mentioned earlier, I don’t really indulge in much make-up/beauty products and initially I was torn between three that I could think of, but I think the one for me is Lush products, predominantly the bath bombs/bars and face masks, as they never fail to help me relax and feel refreshed plus I think their ethics are great. I’m totally addicted.
- Mandatory, why did you start you blog? – I started my blog initially because I wanted a space to share my media works, such as the film work I had done in my college and hopefully get some feedback, but as I pushed myself to do more reviews and think of other interesting topics to write about it became something to work on and have as a hobby. And I just hope that the things I find great, or important, that by sharing the message or my thoughts it may encourage others to go out and enjoy or support it too. I just enjoy having the space to be me, and I only hope that other people can enjoy it too!
- Your favourite blogger? (Small time or big time, either, or both!) – I must admit, I’m rather terrible at reading other blogs. I always get so invested in other things, I forget I can great inspiration from others! But I often enjoy checking out the latest posts from Jade, Abi and Tash. Though I enjoy all the blogs I follow, and am keen to keep searching for more lovely people, I just never really know where to look – so do hit me up with some suggestions or don’t be afraid to chat, nudge me for a follow back, etc!
- Which disney princess do you think you’re most like, or can relate to most and why? – I would say maybe Belle from Beauty and the Beast, she was always my favourite princess growing up, we don’t have a lot in common apart from our appearance of brunette hair (though she’s much prettier than me, even if she is a cartoon) but I was always drawn to her big heart, gentleness, lack of judgement, love for animals and bravery. I could also maybe see parts of myself in Ariel from Little Mermaid (for her willingness to fit in) or Snow White/Giselle from Enchanted (as they sing and befriend all animals) too.
- What is your favourite flavour ice cream, and what do you think this says about you as a person? – When at the seaside, I like the classic whippy 99’s, I mean who doesn’t love that creaminess perfectly teamed with a chocolate stick?! But I also enjoy: standard vanilla (though ideally with the vanilla pods in there), Ben & Jerry’s (Baked Alaska is the one! Tied with the cookie sandwiches, Cookie Dough or Phish Food), bubblegum and as a kid it was mint choc chip (though i’ve not had it in years). But I have no idea what that say’s about me- maybe i’m somewhere between a child and classy/classic in my tastes? *laughs*
- What’s your go to outfit for a casual day? – Leggings and t-shirt/jumper, always. So comfy, and I practically live in them!
- What’s your zodiac sign, and do you think this relates to you? – I’m a gemini, and i’m not a twin, though my (technically half) sister is the same sign. I think a lot of what I read about my sign does seem to fit me though. Though i’m not sure i’m really into zodiacs, sometimes I get really invested, other times I just don’t get it.
- What do you do to make yourself feel good? – It completely depends on what kind of cheering up I need but the things that always make me happy are London, theatre, films, music, celebrities, lush baths and eating chocolate. So if I feel a bit pants, usually one of these will get me feeling good again! Though I also quite enjoy a nice dog walk, especially on a Sunday in sunny weather or sunset, plus my Journals (Wreck This Journal or 1 Page At A Time) are great stress releases.
- What is your greatest ambition in life? – A few things come to mind but the two main ones are probably 1) To get a career within the media industry, ideally in London, that I love and enjoy every day. 2) Travel more.
- What is the biggest thing you have achieved to date? – Again, a few things come to mind here, so I will list them all just because; 1) Getting my apprenticeship – I’m so proud of myself for getting it, especially as it’s within the media industry and I enjoy it so much. I only hope that I continue to progress, and in the long term I can be working in the industry in London. 2) Finding the strength to fight my anxiety – I won’t go too into it, and I still have steps to take, but i’ve come a long way and it feels so good. 3) The celebrities I’ve met or seen – okay so this is really lame but some of them honestly means so much to me and I feel so lucky in what I’ve achieved in that personal joy of mine. 4) Completing my GCSEs and College – I know they’re only grades and they won’t change my life (and I didn’t get the best grades in the world) but it was something I had to really work for so it felt great to have majority of that work pay off.
I now nominate:
(and that’s all I can come up with!)
And I make your questions…
- (The mandatory question), why did you start you blog?
- Your favourite blogger(s)? (Small time or big time, either, or both!)
- What do you do to cheer yourself up when you’re sad?
- What animal would you say is your spirit animal, and why?
- If you were stuck on a desert island, and you could only have three items and two people with you, what and who would you want with you?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favourite flavour ice cream?
- If you could have any superhero power, what would it be and why?
- What is your greatest ambition in life?
- Which disney character do you think you’re most like, or can relate to most and why?
- What do you do when you’re not blogging?
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me more, and that you can join in the fun too! (but there’s no pressure!)