Okay, so this time last week, I was tagged to take part in “The Happiness Tag” by the lovely Jade, so thank you and check out her blog!
The rules for this tag are simple; all you have to do is list 5 things that make you happy and 5 songs that make you happy, then nominate 5 other bloggers to complete this tag!
So here goes…
5 things that make me happy:
- Celebrities – This sounds so lame, but as I’ve mentioned before, i’ve grown up admiring celebrities. I have no real reason as to why, but I couldn’t see myself any other way. Something about them (well, specific people – though admittedly it’s a relatively long list) just gives me that hope, determination and inspiration. Even though they are just people like me, the ones i’m into always use their position for good, and their work and existence simply brings me joy, which takes me into the next point…
- All things entertainment – I was going to be specific, but I love theatre, film/tv and music equally so I couldn’t narrow it down! Plus to me, it’s always easier to lump it into one as they often cross over anyway. But basically yes, all things entertainment bring me so much joy. Sometimes i’ll be in the cinema, or slumped in bed or on the sofa delving into a variety of films. Other times I can’t stay away from the thrill of live theatre – especially musicals. But equally not a day goes by without music! Each mean so much to me in so many ways. It’s a hobby, passion and hopefully career path.
- Animals – As a vegetarian that has been an animal lover for as long as I can remember this kind of had to be there! I can see almost any animal
(minus the likes of critters, snakes, etc)and just squeak with joy and want to pet them all – even the “predators”! I can’t pick a favourite (but I guess my dog practically owns my heart).
- Disney – Something I have grown up with my whole life, and something that i’ll never let go of. It reminds me of innocence and youth, but also many of the stories and characters reflect reality. It will always be a great comfort and joy to me.
- Lush – I don’t know what it is but I love baths and they don’t feel complete if Lush isn’t involved. They help me relax so much, and I find it so exciting getting new products!
5 songs that make me happy:
Gosh this is hard! And it’s in no real order…
- “Roar” by Katy Perry – It reminds me of a difficult period with transitioning from school to college, and I used to listen to it every day on my way to college, and it continuously gave me strength each morning to take on the day and remind myself that I was strong enough.
- Anything by Girls Aloud or Cheryl – I have a few songs I could pick, but i’m too indecisive. But i’ve supported both for about 8 years now, so it was a large chunk of my life growing up and certain songs or albums take me right back to how I was in that moment and I know that no matter what, they will always hold a special place in my heart.
- “Brave” by Idina Menzel – This isn’t exactly upbeat, and in truth i’m obsessed with the entire album. But this song in particular calms me down so much, the lyrics are so personal and evidently it inspires me to be brave.
- “Sex” or “The City” by The 1975 – I’m in love with anything by The 1975, hence being torn between these two songs. I’m chose Sex because it’s one of my favourites by them, the punchy beat and Matty’s iconic vocals just get me (plus it’s insane live). Though I also wanted to pick The City because it’s something I really relate to with how I feel about London, because sometimes I feel in love with the city and again it’s that punchy beat! And both songs remind me of the moments I knew I really loved this band.
- Show tunes and Disney songs – Okay so i’m cheating again, but I can’t pick one! I’ve kind of talked about this before in a previous blog, and there are far too many but i’m obsessed with musical soundtracks and songs, and Disney songs too (I guess they kind of overlap). I just love how there’s something for everyone and everything, there’s always a track to suit my mood.
And now I’m now going to nominate:
And anyone else who wants to give this a crack!
Thank you again for tagging me Jade! And I hope you’ve all enjoyed this insight into what makes me happy, and hopefully it will remind you of what makes you happy! I would love you to share it in the comments… 🙂