Another week, another tag game!
This time it’s “The Bucket List Tag” which I was recently
unofficially tagged in by my lovely pal Jade (so yes, I’m still suggesting you check her out, she’s fab!). Shall we crack on?
This is very much similar to the other tag games, however this one is ‘The Bucket List Tag’, where you simply share a list of some of the things that you aim to achieve in life.
I think this is a fun idea, because i’m always setting myself daily to do lists and dreaming of the bigger picture. There is so much I hope to do and achieve in my life, so I think it’ll be fun to give you adorable lot an insight into that. Plus, it’ll be great to get to see your ambitions too!
The rules are simple:
- Write the rules in your post
- Thank the person who tagged you
- Write ten things that you wish to do in the future
- Tag 5 other bloggers to do the tag!
Now for the fun part…
- To learn to drive – This is a fairly standard one, but it’s something i’m keen to get started on soon. In truth i’ve always put it off because 1) I’ve never really needed to (my mum drives, and I’m lucky to be in a place with easy walking distances or good transport links) 2) I don’t have the confidence and 3) I fear the commitment of the money. However, while the points still apply, I’m feeling more of a willingness now., so I hope within a year or so I can be on the road, ready for road trips and such!
- Have a place of my own – In truth, i’m not really fussy, whether it be a flat or house, rent or own, alone or shared, in the city or near the country; I’m just so desperate to find my own space. Unfortunately due to my financial situation and such it will probably still be a while until it happens (sigh; but anything can happen, right?) but I just want to have a place of my own. And once i’ve done it for one place, I’d hope that i’d soon figure out where i’d be happy in the long-term.
- Travel more – Another common point, and I think I have touched on the subject a few times before but there’s so many places and things i’d love to see. From the cuteness of Italy (which means eating authentic Italian pizza and a gondola ride), to the craziness of New York (which means Broadway!), to the excitement of DisneyWorld (Florida – aka the place of dreams and happiness), to the chilled vibes of California (where seeing the sights of LA like the Walk of Fame and Hollywood sign would be key)… I want to soak it all up.
- See & meet my favourite celebrities (etc) – To many this probably sounds awfully cheesy, but I just adore live entertainment and the thrill it gives me. Therefore, there’s a few music acts I still want to see live, even just once (like Idina Menzel, Lana Del Rey, Rihanna and Beyonce – and some that I would love to enjoy again). Also, I have a few people who I simply admire or am inspired by that I would give almost anything to meet (or at least see in person), even if just for a few seconds (like Jennifer Aniston, Meryl Streep, Nadine Coyle and Sarah Harding). And there’s films and theatre shows i’d love to see too! The list is somewhat endless, so it would be almost unrealistic to tick them all off, but there’s just a few more that I would love to achieve, simply because it’s my happiness and hobby.
- Achieve a career – In all honestly, I still haven’t figured out what exactly it is that I want. I’ve always been a bit indecisive, and I think my lack of confidence pushes me back as I don’t know what I feel most confident with. However, what I do know is that I want to be somewhere in the media industry. The main areas of interest being editorial/writing (reviewer, journalist type work), producing (such as film, TV or radio producer) and website/social media (like managing social media and online marketing). And ideally, it will be something that correlates with my personal interests too like live music, film and theatre. I’m just trying to figure out where exactly my strengths and confidence lie. I just want to find something i’m happy with, or even if it means changing between those roles over the years to keep me engaged. I really don’t know, it’s such a broad, exciting, fast-paced and frequently changing industry.
- Defeat anxiety – This is a difficult one for me to discuss, but basically I’ve dealt with anxiety and other minor mental health blips for years. Admittedly, i’ve brought myself a long way with it all, but there’s always still the chance of step-backs or bad days, so i’m determined to let it all go one day and not have it be an issue anymore. Leading on from this in ways, I guess I could do with developing confidence too.
- Get a tattoo – When I was about 13, I was convinced i’d have got myself inked already by now, however it turns out i’m slightly terrified of the needle because I have a weak pain threshold… but i’m so determined to brave it one day and get at least one tattoo. I’ve had a design in my head for years, and it’s pretty small so I think i’ve gotta do it sometime soon. Then maybe see how I find it, as to whether I can handle any more…
- Find myself – Well, this is a bit of a strange one, and it’s tricky to explain, but I just want to find myself. I often feel uncertain on what it is I want from my life, and who I really am. So I guess I just need to dig a bit deeper in myself, and may get out and tick off some of the things on this list to aid this point. Who knows?
- Find love – BLAH,
*throws up at myself a little bit for the cheese fest*but in truth, I’ve not even had a “proper” relationship so yeah, I guess that would be nice to have at some point… it’s a bit of a complex subject to me, but ultimately I want someone to share my life with.
- Find happiness – This is so cliche, but the truth. At the end of the day, isn’t that the point of life? I just want to get to the end of my life, feeling as happy and fulfilled as I can be with all that I did with it and who I shared it with, after all, we only get one shot.
(Sorry, that got unintentionally deep).
And that’s that! If you made it this far, I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my “bucket list”.
As for who’s up next? I’m tagging:
Though i’d love to see any of you join in! Or, just leave a comment below with your thoughts!