In an attempt to keep my posts a little different, I’d been lacking inspiration – but then I realised how much of a ticket haul I’ve been on lately!
Sounds a little crazy right? But yep, I mean exactly that – Over the past few months I seem to have purchased myself a fair few tickets to various events and shows. Therefore, I thought why not talk you though them?
Aside from the usual boring tickets, for things like trains or bus tickets, and those of events that have already been and gone, I’ve got myself an exciting array of tickets lined up…
- Mystery Show? – This perhaps sounds more exciting than it is, but we’re planning/hoping to go to London for my mum’s birthday in a few weeks time, and as her birthday treat I said I’m happy to take her to a show of her choice so that will be fun. And I think rather than plan ahead, we might head to the TKTS booth in Leicester Square with a few shows and a price range in mind, and just see what tickets we can nab on the day! This may not end up happening, but I sure hope it does!
- Guys & Dolls – Shortly after my birthday, I had some money to burn and I could no longer resist the urge to see this show! If I’m honest, I know very little about the show but since it’s revival just before Christmas 2015, I had a strange willingness to go see it. Then a few months back it was announced that none other than Rebel Wilson was joining the West End cast (making her West End debut) for a limited 8 week period, so I caved! I have no idea what to expect, but I like that element of surprise. What I do know though is that I think Rebel is brilliant, and she has received rave reviews. I can’t wait to see this show in a few weeks time (so stay tuned, as I may do a review!).
- Friends Fest – I booked up for this around the time of my birthday, and I’m a huge F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan so I was desperate to go to the exclusive and limited “Friends Fest” in London last year, but sadly missed out. However, it’s back and on tour! This time I was lucky enough to get tickets, and I’m really looking forward to soaking up all the Friends atmosphere through replicas of the sets, props, memorabilia and more!
- Made In Dagenham – I’ve actually had these booked for MONTHS now, but while I was here, I figured I’d slip it in! I saw this show on the West End last year and fell in love. It’s now heading to my hometown in a new production of the show, and I’m so excited to see the story on stage again! I’m also doing a backstage tour, which should be quite fun!
- School Of Rock – I have no idea how, but I recently managed to bag myself some £15(!!!) tickets for the first Saturday preview and convinced my parents to come along too! Similar to my mum’s birthday, I’ve made an agreement that I’m treating Dad to the tickets as a slightly belated birthday present, which will be nice. It’s of course based on the film of the same name, but has a score penned by the iconic Andrew Lloyd Webber (which seems almost surprising to me, given his usual style!) – however after seeing the trailers, listening to the track “Stick It To The Man” and hearing about its Broadway success, I’m SUPER looking forward to this.
- The 1975 – Again, it was booked a while ago now, I think just before my birthday, and the gig isn’t actually until December (and about a week before Christmas!). I just love this band, they bring me so much joy. And after waiting about two years until I got to see them, this will now be the third time I’ll get to see them and it’s going to be their biggest show to date with plenty of surprises. I’m really pleased for their success, and it’s going to be a great way to head into the Christmas break and end off the year.
- Russell Howard – I was amazed to discover one of my favourite comedians was heading to my hometown, as a “tour warm up” show, so I couldn’t help but get tickets! Despite wanting to, I’ve never actually been to a comedy show before, which if I’m honest is because I usually find them too expensive. I can never really justify £30+ to see one person standing around, when often they are on TV frequently (*I know that doesn’t apply to all comedians, but for the shows I’ve been interested in, that’s usually the case). However, this was a good price and I was able to afford it so I’m excited for some laughs – even if I do have to wait until January.
- Cinema tickets – Okay, so I’m not sure if it counts or not, but I’ll include it anyway! Basically, with it being summer, there has been a large amount of exciting films released, and my Cineworld card is DEFINITELY getting it’s usage! Lately I’ve seen Ice Age 5: Collision Course, Ghostbusters (2x), Now You See Me 2 & Ab Fab… and I’m planning to see The BFG very soon, and have booked for Finding Dory next week as well as an exciting cinema event of Miss Saigon: 25th Anniversary (which isn’t until October!).
All that to look forward too, and I’m already wondering what else I can snap up tickets for! I think I might have a problem? But why not live while I can, eh?!
And as always… head over to the comments section and let me know what you’ve recently brought tickets for? Are you as addicted to it as I am? Have you seen or are seeing anything from my list too? Let me know!
♥ MOLLY THE BLOGGER ♥