I’ve had this recipe tucked away for a while now and I feel the world deserves to know about! I’m a vegetarian, and I picked this up from the Quorn cook book, so now I’m going to pass on this healthy quick and easy recipe onto the internet…
What is it? Vegetarian Pesto Crusted Fillets. Simple as!
It’s a great summer meal; as it’s light, not too hot and healthy!
What do I need? You will need:
** This is based on one serving – double up as required
- 2 Quorn Fillets
- Half a slice of bread (The end crusts of the work perfectly)
- Cheese (I use cheddar, red leicester or double gloucester – though parmesan and most other cheeses would work too)
- A grater
- A tray
- An oven (!!)
What do I do? It’s easy!
- Prep everything – find your ingredients and equipment, layout the plates (like above), preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 (or similar) and grate the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Dollop and spread the pesto onto the fillets – try to ensure it’s even and a nice amount
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the fillets – if you struggle to make it stick, don’t be afraid to push it into the pesto
- Sprinkle the cheese on the fillets – if you struggle to make it stick, again don’t be afraid to push it into the pesto
- Place in the oven for 12-14 minutes, and prepare what you choose to serve it with…
What do I serve it with? There’s a few options of what you can serve it with:
- Cous Cous
- Baked Beans
Here’s my personal preference:
Finally, this is the end result – all served up ready to enjoy!
*** For a meat version, everything would work exactly the same with chicken fillets, but the cooking time may be slightly different. Equally, I’m sure there are ways you could make this vegan friendly too with a little more research.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and go and try out this yumminess! Would love to hear your feedback, so leave some comments below.
♥ MOLLY THE BLOGGER ♥