As cheesy as it may be, I’m sure we all like to set ourself inner goals for the year ahead, right? (Even if we only keep them to ourselves, and break most of them within the first two weeks). Therefore, I thought I would share some of my goals with you.
- Gain confidence and independence, and continue fighting anxiety – I set these two for myself every year as it’s a progressional thing, I put them together because they partially go hand in hand. It’s a tricky one because it’s not easy to achieve and involves work and time. But, I believe I have grown a lot over the years, especially within the last year; however, there’s still more work to be done until I am fully satisfied. Quite how I get there I don’t really know, as it’s not really something that can be taught in my experience, I think you just have to learn from yourself and your experiences, but I have just got to keep pushing myself forward and surrounding myself with people who are willing to support me. (I’m aware I don’t often openly speak out about my anxiety and such on here, as frankly I find it difficult to express, but I might look into ways to write about it if people were interested. Also if it’s an issue that relates to you and you want to talk about it, please do get in touch, I’m always here!).
- Be healthier and more active – This is another one that I add to my list every year, but is the one I break almost instantly. However, I really am determined to try to eat better and exercise more in 2017, as I’m starting to get annoyed with myself over the issue. I’ve never really been bothered by the way I look and eat, but I just want to feel healthier for no one but myself. The problem I just have is how, because I never feel motivated enough, and frankly the process of getting into exercise scares me slightly. (Therefore, any advice would be greatly appreciated!) However, I really want to find a way to start cracking down on this.
- Gain more work experience – I adore the job I’m in and I feel so lucky, I’ve learnt so much within the last year, but there’s still lots more I want to gain from it. I would also like dip into other parts of my interests more and to extend my love of writing even more. I’m still not really sure where I’m headed so I hope I can figure it out a little more over 2017.
- Pass my driving test – I always mentally vowed I would try to keep it under wraps that I was learning to drive until I passed, but I haven’t been successful in doing that. Therefore, I may as well continue sharing, and say that I hope to pass my driving test, and hopefully even get my own car by the end of 2017. It would do so much good for me I think.
- Go on holiday – I haven’t been on abroad since 2014, and on holiday since 2015; and I’ve only ever got myself as far as France. Therefore I would really love to get myself on holiday, even if it was just somewhere new in the UK, especially as I’ve been saving for a long time. However, my main obstacle is finding a companion (as unfortunately none of my friends are in the right situations for this to happen at the moment
*queue the violins*), and I’m not sure I feel ready to go by myself, as I can’t see the fun in that. I don’t know maybe enlighten me with offers of companionship or truths about travelling alone (If this fails in 2017 though, I do have a friend studying abroad for a year in New York, so I’m determined to visit her while she’s there so I’m on a big mission to save my pennies).
- Attend more shows and concerts – It may seem like a go to a lot already but it’s a hobby and happiness to me. I actually didn’t go to many gigs in 2016, so I’d like to do more of that again, especially as there’s still lots of acts I’d still like to see live or see again (namely Idina Menzel, who I regret not seeing in 2015, girl please tour or do a show in the UK again!). As for shows, I’ve got plenty booked already but there’s still many more I want to see! The thing that often hold me back here is money/distance (sadly London isn’t cheap, and while I love my local theatres, there’s not always the best shows in my hometown), finding company to come with me (which seeps into gaining independence, as I want to start going by myself more because if not I sometimes miss out and regret it) and time (unfortunately work, life responsibilities and social life don’t always marry up). However, I’m determined to continue seeing even more! (I’d also say the same goes for films, as there’s still plenty I want to catch up on and I still have my cinema card, and in turn I’d love to go to more film/tv events, such us premieres, advanced screenings, etc)
- Meet more celebrities – This kind of follows on from the above point, and I know this sounds really lame, but I’m inspired by so many celebrities (and I know at the end of the day they’re just people, but to me they never fail to cheer me up) and getting to meet them, even if just for a few seconds, really does bring me so much joy.
I’ve also got a few other little things in mind like getting a tattoo. I think it’s important to frequently find new goals.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little insight into some of the things I hope to do in 2017, and perhaps even inspired you to take some self-reflection. As always, I’d love to hear from you so tell me your goals, any thoughts on the things I’ve covered or anything else… don’t be afraid to leave me a comment!
♥ MOLLY THE BLOGGER ♥