If you’re anything like me, and you love giving gifts or treating yourself, but sometimes you tire of the obvious. Therefore, I thought I’d highlight a few websites to you as a little bit of ‘outside the box’ inspiration – something I thought would be particularly handy with Christmas rapidly approaching.
- ESA EVANS – Unfortunately, I’m not a great wearer of jewellery as I’m a fidget so I just find it irritating. However, I love their fun and quirky designs; they’re not the cheapest but worth it for the quality and uniqueness I’m sure.
- MUTHA HOOD GOODS – I’m not a mother, nor do I intend to be anytime soon, but I love some of the designs on this site. I actually stumbled upon them from a few of my fave female celebs sporting the brand (Emilia Fox and Giovanna Fletcher, FYI). They’re also a little above my standard price range, but I NEED to sport a Strong Girls Club tee. Maybe I’ll have to settle for the pin when I have some extra cash spare…
- MARK MANLEY / DRAMATIC INKING / LAUREN MAY ART QUOTES – If you are or know some as stagey as me, these guys are perfect for you. They create lovely theatre inspired artworks, each in a very unique style. They do also stray away from theatre too, and accept commissions, so check them out and support artists!
- IMPERFECT HEARTS – I’m such a fan of this brand. I first found out about them through a viral trend, and I’ve now made several purchases and I love to give the gift of imperfect hearts! Her story is quite incredible, and I’m glad to be a supporter as she’s the loveliest lady!
- PUNKY PINS – I only recently discovered these thanks to Carrie Hope Fletcher tweeting about them, and decided to take a look and fell in love. I don’t tend to accessorize much with pins as I fear losing or breaking them, but I adore them. If you know someone who’s a fan, these are beautifully designed and made.They also do some patches, stickers and keyrings too if that’s more your thing.
- TYPO / PAPERCHASE / OH DEER – The best in quirky but cool stationary goods! Everyone needs a little fun and organisation in their life, so combine the two with these guys.
- OLIVER BONAS – A friend suggested this site too me, and there’s certainly a wide range of things to keep for yourself and gift!
- PHOTOBOX – Get printing! There’s plenty of ways to get the best family photos on a range of personalised items.
- ETSY / REDBUBBLE – More creative goodies! This requires a little bit of effort in thinking up what you want to search for, but if you put in buzz words like your favourite film/show/animal/item or something, it’s great what you may stumble upon.
- BE CREATIVE – Okay, so this isn’t a shop nor is it for everyone but if you can be creative, these are always the most thoughtful. Think scrapbooks, photo albums, personalised photo mugs, photo pillows, a “happy jar” with lots of happy thoughts or messages or similarly a “reasons why I love you” jar, bake something, do a care package. There’s a whole host of ways you can be creative, you just have to think outside the box and be prepared for the challenge. It doesn’t have to be perfect, as it’s the thought and effort that counts!
I’m sure there’s many more wonderful websites and ideas out there, but here’s 10 to get you started. I hope these places give you some inspiration, and help you find something a little different to gift this year, or even just as a treat for yourself!
♥ MOLLY THE BLOGGER ♥