We’re all partial to a bit of baking right? Well here’s a new recipe for you to try… M&M Cookie Bars! A yummy sweet treat, perfect for all occasions.
I’m awful, because I’ve had this recipe tucked away in my drafts for over a year but just have never got round to posting! However, I’m here to finally share it with you. But before we get to it, I want to point out that I actually found this recipe online, but they were all American recipes therefore some of the amounts may seem odd as it’s the best I could do when converting to English weights and ingredients, but it’s all been tried and tested as follows and turned out lovely but feel free to round up/down if you’d rather.
- 288g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 64g caster sugar
- 128g brown sugar (light)
- 170g butter
- 1 (large) egg
- 1 (large) egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt (though I usually leave it out)
- A bag of chocolate M&Ms (or smarties – around 192g) – divided in half
- Large mixing bowl, wooden spoon, baking tray and greaseproof paper.
- Pre-heat oven, gas mark 3. Line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl (large), cream together melted/softened butter, brown and caster sugar.
- Stir in egg and yolk until combined. Add vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir until flour is incorporated, and it begins to form a dough. Though be careful not to over-stir.
- Add ½ the bag of M&Ms
- Form dough, then press into the lined tray. Even it out, and pour on the remaining M&Ms.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from tray to cool, and once cooled, cut into portions.
There we go – happy baking! Just in time for those christmas parties?
Here’s an example of a previous bake (before being sliced up)…
Let me know if you decide to make it and how you get on? Or have you made them before? Give your comments!
Disclaimer: header image not my own.
♥ MOLLY THE BLOGGER ♥